A smart dimmer switch helps turn your traditional lights into smart lights; you can also connect smart bulbs to smart dimmers to make them work even smarter. It combines with control panels and makes it convenient for you to control your home’s light with touch, voice, motion, scheduling, and remotely with your smartphone. Here we have gathered some best smart dimmers for you.
The function of the Smart Dimmer Switches
With the new technology of smart dimmer switch, you can now control your lighting system through voice. Ask Alexa or Google Home for morning time to get ready in a gentle way and have lights turn on gradually throughout your bedroom. Hence, it feels like waking up isn’t such an anxiety-inducing task anymore! You could also set schedules that make use times when these devices are turned off as well–perfect if turning devices off isn’t an easy job for everyone that has.
1. Lutron Caseta Smart Home Dimmer
Switch and Pico Remote Kit, Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and the Google Assistant | P-PKG1WB-WH | White
This Caseta smart dimmer comes with 1 Caseta dimmer switch, Pico wall plate bracket, and Pico 3-button dimming remote. It has the following features and functionalities:
- This smart dimmer switch automatically adjusts light with seasons, so you will always have a well-lit home whenever you come back home. Its smart away feature randomly turns on and off lights to make it look like you are home even if you are far away; for this functionality to run, it requires a smart bridge L-BDG2-WH.
- It can be connected with other smart home devices, including Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Alexa, Serena shades and Sonos, Ring and give you smart accessibility.
- Caseta gives you a controlling feature in different ways through the Lutron app that can be installed free. You can command it to function whenever you want. Also, you can schedule times to change light or activate scenes just with a touch of a button.
- This Caseta smart switch can control many bulbs at once, and you can also convert your existing bulbs into smart ones. You can have smart control of different styles of dimmable LED, halogen bulbs, and incandescent.
- This smart switch does not require a neutral wire like other smart switches; instead, it works with existing wires in your home.
- It has a wireless remote control that you can use remotely to switch on and off, dim, and brighten your lights just with a touch of a button.
2. Smart Dimmer Switches for Dimmable LED Lights
TESSAN WiFi Dimmer Switch Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, Single-Pole, Neutral Wire Required, Programmable Timer Schedule Wall Switch – White
This TESSAN smart dimmer is made to be fit in the standard size of 1,2,3,4 gang wall plate. You can place it in your living room, basement, and other home spaces, and it is easy to install with step-wise guidance, and the neutral wire is required for its installation. Moreover, it has the following features:
- You can set the brightness level from 0-100% to create ambiance as you like and at the same time cut down your bill. It has a brightness memory function that automatically gets back to the previous brightness level after turning it off; it also supports dimmable LEDs max 150W, incandescent bulbs max 400W, and CFLs max 150W.
- It can work with Google Home and Amazon Alexa; you need to command it to turn on, off, or dim your lights and thus gives you hands-free voice control functionality, no more need to find a switchboard to make your light control as you want. It can make your life much easier and comfortable.
- It has one remote control that helps you control your dimmable smart switch from wherever you want. With this smarts dimmer switch, you can schedule your programs; accessible lights will be on, off, or dimmed at whatever time you set. You can also schedule lighting to get turned on preset time even when you are not home, making it look like somebody is at home when you are not.
- All TESSAN smart dimmer switches can also be combined; thus, you can switch on, dim, or of your different room’s light with a single click. Moreover, it supports 2.4Ghz WiFi, dual-band (2.4G and 5G).
- This smart Wi-Fi programmable dimmer switch is built with over-temperature protection, so whenever it gets extra hot, it automatically turns off your room lights for your safety. It is certified by ETL for safety assurance. Group your TESSAN smart wifi dimmer switches to make your home smarter.
3. Leviton D26HD-2RW Decora Smart Wi-Fi Dimmer (2nd Gen)
Works with Hey Google, Alexa, Apple HomeKit/Siri, and Anywhere Companions, No Hub Required, Neutral Wire Required, White
This Leviton D26HD-2RW Decora Smart Wi-Fi Dimmer switch has the following features for your convenience:
- It helps dim or brighten your lights from any place and does not require any hub. You can change your switch for full range dimming with preset settings of light levels, bulb types, and fading rates.
- It is compatible with Hey Google, Apple, Siri, or Amazon Alexa to function your connected bulbs and fixtures for brightening and dimming. You need to command it to make it work.
- It also works with Homekit; you can control it with Siri, an apple home app from your iPhone, Mac, iPad, apple watch, or homePod.
- It can be installed easily and requires a neutral wire, streamlined app flow, reduced depth, wire leads, and 2.4 GHz. It has dimmable LED up to 300W, Incandescent up to 600W, MLV up to 600VA.
- With its Leviton app, you can schedule your lights to get on whenever you wish to, including sunrise and sunset, to create lighting scenes with different devices and let you control it from any place.
4. Smart Dimmer Switch with RF Remote Control
Avatar Controls Wi-Fi Light Switch Compatible with Alexa Google Home Assistant, in Wall, No Hub Required, Single Pole, Neutral Wire Needed
With this smart light switch, you can have four different ways to control your lighting, RF 433 remote control, Voice control, APP, and manual. RF433 remote controller is convenient and sensitive and works up to 100ft range. The smart switch supports the APP of Avatar Controls google home, Alexa smart life, and Tuya. It has the following amazing features to look into:
- It has a voice control feature; its Wi-Fi light switch works with Google Home, and Alexa lets you control your home devices with your voice; you need to command Alexa and Google Assistance from your smart, thus giving hands-free convenience.
- You can easily dim the brightness of light from 1-100% just with a touch of a button, from the remote control, APP, or even through voice control.
- It’s easiest to install; you can follow the installation steps given for your guidance to install this wifi light switch. Also, there is a video for your reference too. Moreover, it requires a neutral wire in the wall light switch and 2.4GHz Wifi in the first connection. It has AC100V~240V, a maximum of 400 watts.
- It supports RF remote and wifi control. It has countdown timer functionality and a scheduling feature. You can make your smart switch turn on during sunrise and turn off at sunset by APP built-in timer and schedule. With this smart dimmer switch, you also set your routine to make your kids’ sleep better with its preset functionality. It comes with 12 months warranty, and in-kind of issue, you can freely contact the team.
5. Smart Dimmer Switch Black by Martin Jerry
Touch Black Trailing Edge dimmer Light Switch, Better Compatible with LED Bulbs, Needs Neutral Wire and 2.4G Wi-Fi, no hub
This smart dimmer switch by Martin Jerry gives the Trailing Edge dimmer solution, and it brings you a new dimmer experience with a great dimming range, charming dimming process, and less shaky light. It is better than the rest of the dimmer switches for LED lights. It has the following more cool features:
- You can set your dimming schedule as you want to; suppose from 6 am to 8 am, you can change brightness level from 1% to 80%, this can be set as one time or on repeating as well. Thus it can dim your lights in that period.
- It has additional features that include changing separate Wi-Fi buttons and adjustable minimum brightness features.
- It works with Alexa and Google Home, a free app for remote control, and makes your home automated. This smart light switch dimmer requires 2.4G Wi-Fi and is a single-pole and not three ways. Moreover, for its installation, the neutral wire is required, and in case you need technical installation support, you can contact the team by sending them wiring pictures.
- In case of any query, you can email the team right away, and you will be replied to within 12 hours; Martin Jerry has a professional support team to resolve all your problems instantly. This product comes with a 1-year warranty and has a 90-day refund policy.
Smart dimmer switches let you control lights in your home even when you are away from home. If you forget to turn on or off your home light with the smart dimmer, you can do it remotely without going back home, unlike those traditional switches. For the smart dimmer switch to function, all you need to do is install the suggested apps on smartphone one and control your lights with a few clicks. It is a convenient and safe tool and helps automate your home.