Smart plugs, switches, and power strips are simple and affordable ways to advance your ordinary home devices, electronics, and lighting into smart home devices that you can control from your phone through google assistant or Alexa. Following are the best smart home plugs:
What are Smart Plugs?
Smart Plugs are the future of home automation. They’re plug-in outlets (or power strips) that you can control with your phone, and they come equipped with a Wi-Fi connection, so all of this smartness happens wirelessly.
That means no need for messy cords or extra hardware – just set up one in every room where there’s the electricity needed to turn things on/off remotely from anywhere else around your house.
What are Smart Switches?
You can control your lights from the palm of your hand! You might think installing new fixtures is a pain, but with a smart switch, you don’t have to worry about it.
All it takes are two wires coming out of an outlet and then into some smart gadgets – no drywall installation required.
You’ll also be able to make different schedules for when they turn on or off automatically, so nothing gets missed if someone else has living in-law quarters at their house while we’re gone.
Smart Power Strips
There are many different types of power strips. You can choose from Smart or basic, wired or wireless. Thanks to these handy devices, you can get your plugin and go without any hassle.
The smart strip will monitor what’s plugged into each outlet; when something goes offscreen (phased out), the circuitry cuts power just like they are supposed to – so you don’t have dead appliances all over again.
Many also come equipped with ‘always on’ outlets for things that need constant battery life, such as cordless phones bases, alarms systems, etc.
1. GE Lighting Cync Outdoor Smart Plugs
Technology always has something fascinating for us; with this smart plug, you can control and schedule your traditional lights and devices even when you are out of home and turn them into smart devices. It has some exclusive features:
- You can control and schedule each socket individually or even combine it for your devices and light.
- All you need to do is to pair your smart outdoor plug with Google assistant or even with an Amazon Alexa device to have full control over your lights.
- This smart plug has a weatherproof outlet cover so you can easily carry it outside. Also, it comes with three-prong plug compatibility.
- You can also use it with other GE devices, including remotes, switches, and motion sensors, to have control over your devices.
2. BN-LINK Smart Wi-Fi Heavy Duty Outdoor Outlet:
This smart outdoor plug has three smart outlets that you can turn on and off instantly. You can easily give it your voice command with Alexa and Google Assistant devices that are sold separately, thus giving you a hands-free facility.
It’s quite convenient for you as you can run your electronics on or off from anywhere just with the help of your smartphone; all you need to do is download the app from the play store.
You can also schedule to turn on or off your heavy-duty electronics at your convenient time; a smart plug will make it on and off as per your pre-scheduled time.
You just need a secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connection; then, you can have full control over your electronic devices. Moreover, our product is rated as 15 A, 125 V, 1875 W, thus making it the best choice.
3. Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch HS220:
This Kasa smart light switch can easily be installed as it requires a neutral wire; you don’t need to understand those complex switches or wiring. Moreover, the Kasa app helps you to install it with step-by-step instructions. The Smart dimmer switch has some unique features:
- You can control your switch from a distant place; you can turn on and off your electronic gadget from your case app or can easily monitor your light status.
- This smart switch gives you the hands-free convenience of regulating your lights with your voice command through Google Assistant or Alexa, so you don’t need to worry when you are full-handed or when entering the darkroom.
- It has this scheduling feature that lets you preset time to turn on and off your electronics automatically, either you are home or away. It also has this away mode functionality that randomly turns and off to trick potential intruders.
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in Silicon Valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safe use.
- It is designed and developed in Silicon Valley and is trusted and reliable. So a perfect switch for you to have.
4. U-Bolt Pro Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint and Keypad Smart Deadbolt
|Color||Black with Satin Nickel|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.95 x 1.22 x 2.95 inches|
This Ultraloq smart switch comes with different amazing features; let’s find out what they are:
- You can easily lock or unlock, share the electronic key, check your door’s status, have a log record with the smartphone app, and easily control it from anywhere.
- This single device has six keyless entry smart locks: fingerprint, auto-unlock, smartphone app, Anti-peep Keypad, mechanical key, and shake to open feature.
- You can also control it with your voice through Google Assistant, Alexa, home kit. Also, it works with IFTTT.
- You can also unlock your door with just one touch of your fingerprint from any angle through its 360° Live Fingerprint ID.
- You can also have auto-unlock and auto-lock functionality. You can unlock it when arriving with your smartphone in your pocket using Geofencing functionality and automatically get relocked for your convenience.
- The best thing about this switch lock is that you can easily grant access to your family members, guests, or service people by providing them E-key or code for a specific time or date or even permanently.
5. Bits Limited SCG-3MVR Smart Strip Advanced Power Strips
|Maximum Surge Rating||2175 Joules|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||15.5 x 5.5 x 2 inches|
|Number of Ports||7|
- This smart strip has seven outlet surge protectors with a 4-foot cord and is ideal for high-end homes and professional workstations.
- It has this right-angle plug that helps to keep the cord nearby to the wall.
- It can automatically get turn off when it is not in use to save energy.
- It delivers 2175-joule and 37,000 AMP protection and its Superior EMI/RFI filtering to 52Db.
6. Belkin Smart Power Strip Surge Protector with 8 Rotating AC Outlets
|Maximum Surge Rating||2160 Joules|
|Item Weight||1.76 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions L x WxH||2.1 x 2.4 x 13.5 inches|
- This smart strip offers an instant solution for your workstation outlet needs; it can be your one charging station for your gadgets, laptop, computer, and phone. Its compact surge-protected cord helps you to power everything on your desk, as it turns one outlet into 8 AC sockets.
- It has been made with rotating outlets to help you extra room for a large AC adapter and charger bricks. This vertical standing design is a 6 ft. / 1.8-meters long heavy-duty cord that allows keeping all cables orderly in place.
- You can protect your Appliances and devices as its electric strip has 2,160-Joule energy that helps to provide a reliable power extension cord; you can easily safeguard your printers, home theater systems from short circuits, power spikes, or fluctuations.
- You can easily plug in different devices at once with its advanced power conditioning for optimal performance, so on this single power source, you can charge your laptop, monitor, smartphone, etc.
- You can confidently buy it as it has a lifetime warranty and is secured by a $150,000 Connected Equipment Warranty. Moreover, this smart strip is designed with an ABS case that protects circuits from any damage, rust, or fire.